All you need to know about CompTIA Security+ Certification
CompTIA Security+ Certification
In this growing world, the need to improve one’s credentials has become an important thing. To keep up with the competition, it is important for a person to do a number of certifications. For a person interested in learning security methods, terms and theories required in IT infrastructure, then, CompTIA Security+ is the certificate for you. CompTIA Security+ certification is globally recognized which provides you with the skills required to perform important security functions. Moreover, with this certification you’re have a chance of getting IT jobs from anywhere in the world.
Why is CompTIA Security Certification Unique?
This CompTIA certification gives the learner the basic and important fundamental theories of risk management and network security. Unlike any other certification, it offers the learner with hands-on practical skills which prepares them to real-world IT problems. The center attention of the Security+ is on the latest techniques and trends in risk reduction, risk management, as well as threat detection and mitigation. In addition to the previous job roles, the new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor. Furthermore, this Security+ certification is approved by the United States Department of Defense which means that it has the ability to make a difference in your IT career as well as add value to your CV.
With this certification, you are assured of getting a well-paying job. For instance, according to PayScale, a network engineer who bears this cert has his salary vary from $42,128 and $95,829.
Are you interested and want to get the certification? Do not worry. CompTIA has you covered regardless of whether you prefer a self-study or instructor-led training.
How Important is the CompTIA Security+ certificate Exam?
In order to become a certified security practitioner, it is important that a person must have done the CompTIA Security+ exam. The exam assesses an individual’s ability to carry out main security functions. For instance, the exams test the candidate’s skills and knowledge needed to secure apps, networks and devices, carry out threat analysis, install and configure systems and respond to attacks using the appropriate measures.
Comptia Security+ exam cost
The security plus certification cost exam cost is affordable with the learner required to pay as low as $339 USD. Discounts are applicable to CompTIA employees as well as full time students.
What skills do a person learn during training?
Throughout the CompTIA Security+ ce, you learn the following IT infrastructure fundamentals necessary for security:
- a) Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI): This offers the learner with the skills required to install and configure network settings as well as how to implement the PKI.
- b) Access and identity management: ensures the learners are in a point to install and configure access, identity services and management controls.
- c) Risk management: ensures the learner can implement the best practices in relation to risk management.
- d) Technology and tools: the certification equips the learner with the skills required to install and configure network elements while troubleshooting problems to bolster up security.
- e) Attacks, Threats and Vulnerabilities: the certification provides the learner with the skills needed to detect distinct types of threats, and understand penetration testing.
CompTIA Security plus Certification Study GuideWe have a study guide that enables you to learn important principles for risk management and network security as well as prepare for the certification exams.